- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators, 2012 to Present
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- “Fellow” (FCIArb), April 2010 to Present; “Member” (MCIArb), May 2009
- CIArb, International Commercial Arbitration Training Program, October 10 and 11, 2009
- Distinguished Fellow International Academy of Mediators, October 2015 to 2021
- AAA Master Mediation Panel, Commercial, Northeast Region, March 2015 to Present
- Certified Mediator, 2009, International Mediation Institute, The Hague. See Ms. Samaras’ mediator profile here.
Courses (representative courses taken in past 5 years)
- February, AAA Educational Services/ACE 22: Process Essentials for AAA Arbitrators.
- July, AAA Educational Services/ACE 21: Impartiality: Do You Know Where Your Biases Are?
- August, CPR: Cybersecurity in ADR Training, Module I – Current and Emerging Threats; Module II – Practical Tips to Mitigate Risks; Module III – CPR Data Security and the Protocol on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration.
- September, CPR: Imperfect Impartiality: How Neutrals Can Combat Implicit Bias.
- March, AAA-ICDR®: Panelist Cybersecurity Boot Camp In-Person Training.
- April, ICC: Nuts and Bolts of Conducting Arbitral Hearings via Videoconference.
- May, LCIA: The pathology of arbitration proceedings – what longer-term effects and solutions will this crisis yield?
- June, CPR: Cybersecurity in ADR Training, Module I – Current Threats; Module II – Practical Tips to Mitigate Risks; Module III – CPR Data Security and the Protocol on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration.
- July, AAA/SVAMC: Ensuring Efficiency in Complex Technology Arbitrations.
- July, CIArb: Best Practices for Virtual ADR Proceedings.
- August, JAMS/SVAMC: Challenges and Best Practices in the International Arbitration of Patent Validity Disputes.
- July, AAA Educational Services/ ACE 19: Case Finances – What Arbitrators Need to Know.
- July, CPR: Cybersecurity in ADR Web Training, Module I – Current and Emerging Threats; Module II – Practical Tips for Arbitrators and Mediators on Mitigating Cybersecurity Risks; Module III – The ICCA-CPR-NYC Bar Association Protocol on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration.
- May, AAA Educational Services ACE 18: Arbitrator Performance and Demeanor ~ Meeting Participant Expectations.
- Maryland State Bar, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1985
- California State Bar, 1991 (inactive since 2011)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 1991
- District of Columbia Bar, 1995 (inactive since 2010)
- Pennsylvania State Bar, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
ADR Office of Harrie Samaras
1554 Paoli Pike #289
West Chester, PA 19380
West Chester, PA 19380